Creating a Task Using the Outlook Add-In
This article will walk you through creating a VenueOps task using the Outlook add-in. If you have not yet installed the Outlook add-in, please see the Installing the Outlook Add-In article.
- Open the create task slider in Outlook. This will be slightly different depending on whether you are using Outlook for the web or installed on your computer.
- Open the email you want to create a task for.
- Click the more options icon.
- Click VenueOps.
- Click Create Task.
- On the create task slider:
- This task is complete will be checked by default. If this task isn't to track what you've done but what you still need to do, uncheck it.
- The title will default to the subject of the email. You can update it as needed.
- The type will be set to Email by default. You can change the type or remove it as needed.
- The completion date will default to the date of the email. If This task is complete is unchecked, this will be Due Date, instead. The date can be updated but is required.
- You will automatically be assigned to the task. This cannot be changed.
- You can optionally add a contact to the task.
- Start typing the contact's name, and a list of possible matches will appear.
- Click a contact in the list to add it to the task.
- Type the contact's name, then click away from the field.
- Click Create 'Contact Name'.
- Add an email address and phone number. (Both optional)
If you create a new contact, you will be required to add an account to the task.
- You can add an account to the task. (Required if you've created a new contact.)
- Start typing the account's name, and a list of possible matches will appear.
- Click an account in the list to add it to the task.
- Type the account's name, then click away from the field.
- Click Create 'Account Name'.
- Select a lead source for the account.
- Select a market segment for the account.
- Add an address for the account. (Optional)
- You can add an event to the task.
If the account field is blank or has an existing account already filled in, the correct account for the event will overwrite it. This will not happen if you were creating a new account, but you will be unable to create the task until the account matches the event's.
- Start typing the event's name, and a list of possible matches will appear.
- Click an event in the list to add it to the task.
- The result will default to the body of the email. If This task is complete is unchecked, this will be Description, instead. This field can be updated as needed.
- When all information for the task is entered correctly, click Create.
Your task has been created and will now appear in VenueOps.