Creating an Account
- Click people Accounts on the left.
- Click the + add icon in the upper-right.
- On the Create Account slider:
- Type the name of the account.
- Type the name of a contact for the account. You can optionally add a phone number and email address for that contact.
- Select a lead source.
- Select a market segment.
- If this account is a subsidiary of another, set its Parent Account field to add it to its proper account hierarchy. Begin typing the name of the parent account to bring up a list of suggestions. Click the appropriate account to select it.
- You cannot add an account using this field. If the parent account has not been added yet, you can update this account once its parent is added.
- For more information about account and contact hierarchies, please see the full article.
- If the account is tax exempt, check Tax Exempt.
- Type an address. (Optional)
- Type a website address. (Optional)
Note: The website address must begin with either
- Type a description. (Optional)
- Once all the desired information is added for the account, click Save.