Creating an Account
- Click people Accounts on the left navigation pane.
- Click the + add icon in the upper-right corner to open the Create Account slider.
- In the slider:
- Type the name of the account.
- Select a lead source.
- Select a market segment.
- You can optionally set an email address and phone number for the account. By clicking the + add icon next to the primary email/phone, you can add as many secondary emails/phones as needed. If your VenueOps account has email and phone types set up, you can select those, as well. For more information about email and phone types, please see Managing Email and Phone Types.
- If this account is a subsidiary of another, set its Parent Account field to add it to its proper account hierarchy. Begin typing the name of the parent account to bring up a list of suggestions. Click the appropriate account to select it.
- You cannot create an account using this field. If the parent account has not been added yet, you can update this account once its parent is added.
- For more information about account and contact hierarchies, please see Account and Contact Hierarchies.
- Type the name of a contact for the account. You can optionally add a phone number and email address for the contact. If your VenueOps account has email and phone types set up, you can select those, as well. For more information about email and phone types, please see Managing Email and Phone Types.
- If the account is tax exempt, check Tax Exempt.
- Type an address. (Optional)
- Type a website address. (Optional)
Note: The website address must begin with either
- Type a description. (Optional)
- Once all information is added for the account, click Save.