Adding Spaces to an Inquiry
When you are ready to take the next step with an inquiry, you have several options:
- You can convert the inquiry to a prospect. You will add specific rooms to the event, allowing you to list them on proposals, but the rooms will not be held.
- If you are ready to hold space, you will book the rooms as a tentative event.
Once an inquiry has been converted to a prospect or booked as tentative, it cannot be reverted to an inquiry.
- Click Calendar.
- Go to a date span that includes the inquiry. Once there, the inquiry option will appear in the upper-right along with the number of applicable inquiries. Click Inq to open the inquiries slider.
- Click the inquiry you want to add spaces to.
- On the details page, click Booking.
- Click Add spaces.
- On the book spaces slider, you can:
- Type a description for the space, such as how it will be used. If nothing is entered, this field will default to the name of the event.
- Select a space usage from the dropdown. This option will not be present if your account does not have space usages set.
For more information about space usages, please see the full article.
- Enter the expected attendance for the space.
- Type how the room should be set up. As you type, previously used setups will be suggested. You can either continue typing the setup or click one of the suggested options.
- Select a start and end date for the space.
- If the space will only be required for part of the day, uncheck All Day, then select a start and end time.
- If the event should remain a prospect (and not hold any spaces), check Prospect.
- Select the rooms you want to add to this event for the selected date(s) and time(s).
- When all needed information is entered, click Save.
- A space will be added to the event for each room and date selected. Your event will now be either tentative or a prospect, depending on whether the Prospect box was checked in the slider.