Adding a User
As a system admin, you are able to add users and update their roles. An unlimited number of users is included in your VenueOps account.
To add a user:
- Click your name in the upper-left.
- Click System Admin.
- Click person Users on the left.
- Click the + add icon to open the Create User slider.
- In the slider:
- Type the user's name.
- Type the user's email address. Because this is used to log in, each user must have a unique email address.
- If this user would prefer to have VenueOps display in a language other than the one your account is set to, you can set a language override for them.
English and Chinese are the languages supported by VenueOps, at this time.
- Click the System Roles field for the System Admin and Insights Admin options.
- Click the Roles field to expand a list of all of your account's custom user roles. Select any that this user should have.
- When your user's information is all entered, click Save. The user details slider will open for the newly added user.
- Click Send Activation Email. If this user is a new employee, be sure their email account is up and running before you send the activation email, or it will bounce. If this employee leaves the venue before they activate their account, be sure to click Deactivate. This will invalidate the link in the email so that the account cannot be activated.
- Your new user will receive an email shortly. They should click Finish Account Setup to be directed to the page to set a password and activate their account. They can then sign in to VenueOps!
If the account has already been set up or deactivated, the link will instead lead to the login page.
In your users list, users who have not activated their accounts yet are marked as Pending, and users whose accounts have been inactivated (and their access to VenueOps removed) are crossed out.