Add a User
As a system admin, you are able to add users and update their roles. An unlimited number of users is included in your VenueOps account.
If you are using Single Sign On (SSO), make sure that:
- Your employee is set up in your identity provider.
- The user's email in VenueOps is the same as the one in your identity provider. User account emails must match in order to use SSO.
To add a user:
- Click on your name in the upper left corner and select System Admin to access the Admin console.
- Click person Users on the left.
- Click the + plus icon to open the Create User slider.
- In the slider:
- Type the user's name (required).
- Type the user's email address (required). Because this is used to log in, each user must have a unique email address.
If you are using SSO, make sure this email address matches the user's email address in your identity provider.
- If this user would prefer to have VenueOps display in a language other than the one your account is set to, you can set a language override for them.
VenueOps supports Chinese, English, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish at this time.
- Click the System Roles field for the System Admin and Insights Admin options.
Insights Admin will be disabled. If you would like a user to have the Insights Admin role, please contact our Client Success team.
- Click the Roles field to expand a list of all of your account's custom user roles. Select any that this user should have.
A user must have at least one role or a system role.
- When your user's information is all entered, click Save and Add Another. When you have added all your users, click Cancel after saving to close the slider.
Once you have created a user's account, they are able to set a password and get started in VenueOps. While they can go directly to their log in page, you are also able to send them an activation email that gives them a handy link.