Series of Events
In VenueOps, you are able to group related and recurring events into a Series. What would a series be?
- Sports season
- Summer film series
- Symphony masterworks series
- Weekly staff meetings
By creating separate events in a series, each event will have its own status and its own details page, thus allowing you to easily gather information specific to that event.
In this article, we'll discuss booking new events into a series (whether a new series or an existing series). If you've already booked the events but need to add them to a series, please see Add Existing Events to a Series. You can also edit the times, statuses, and names of events in series - please see Edit Events in Series for more information.
To book new events into a new or existing series:
- Select the dates of your events on the calendar. You can go to the next month and the dates will still be selected!
- Click the add series button in the lower-right.
- Under Add Events To, select New Series or Existing Series as appropriate.
- Type the name of your series. If the series already exists, it will appear in the search results for you to select.
We recommend that your series names are unique, such as Hockey Season 21-22 rather than just Hockey Season.
- Fill in your event information, including account, contact, event type, business classification (if your system admin has set those up), visibility (if you have permission), and task templates. If you're adding the events to an existing series, the account and contact will populate from your series. Events in a series can also be marked as blackouts or internal events.
- Click + Rooms to apply a selection to all dates, or click + Rooms for a specific date to apply a selection to only that date.
- In the slider, select the rooms you want to book.
- Click Save.
- ` Fill in the name of each event. If you do not add an event name, events will inherit the series name.
- If you need to adjust the selected rooms for an individual event, click its room chip and choose from the dropdown menu.
- To remove an entire event, click the clear remove icon next to the event's status, on the same row as the date.
- To remove only a single space from an event, click the clear remove icon for the space, directly to the right of the space's status.
- Adjust the time for all events' spaces by clicking access_time Times at the top of the booked spaces. To adjust the time for all spaces on a day, click access_time Times on the same line as the date. To adjust the time for an individual space, click its time.
- Each space is assigned the next available tentative status and is color coded to alert you of potential conflicts. You may update the status for all events' spaces by clicking Status, or update an individual space by clicking its status. For more details about the conflict checking warnings and updating statuses, please see Conflict Checking.
- If your system admin has set up room usages, select a usage for each space. You can click Usage for an event to apply a selection to all spaces for that event, or click Usage for a specific space or day to apply a selection only to it. For more information, please see Manage Space Usages.
- Click Save.
Please note that if your event has multiple dates and each date should be an individual event in a series, you will need to rebook those dates as individual events. Need assistance? Please contact our Client Success team.