Creating a User Role
As a system admin, you are able to create custom roles that you can then assign to specific users. This article will walk you through creating a role. Documentation on what each of the role permissions do will be coming soon! For more information on the individual permission settings for custom roles, please see the full article.
- Click your name in the upper-left.
- Click System Admin.
- Click lock_open Roles on the left.
- Click the + add icon next to Roles.
- You will be given two options:
- Empty Role: Nothing will be preselected, and all dropdowns will start at None.
- Full Access Role: Everything* will be preselected, and all dropdowns will start at the highest permission.
*The only setting that will not be preselected is Book Internal Only, as that would actually limit the role.
- In the slider, type a name for the role.
- The Account-Wide Access settings are split into two sections: checkboxes and dropdowns. These tend to relate to specific pages and what users can do there.
- Check the boxes for the permissions you want users with this role to have.
- Select None, View, or Edit for the dropdown permissions.
- Click the + add icon next to Venue-Specific Access.
- Select a venue from the dropdown. With just the venue selected, users with this role will be able to see basic information for events booked in this venue.
- Select any other permissions you would like users with this role to have for the selected venue.
- Click Save.
You can click the + add icon again and pick specific permissions for the next venue, but you can save some time if this role needs the same—or similar—access across venues.
- Click the file_copy copy icon next to the venue you want to copy permissions from.
- Select the venue you want to copy the permissions to.
- Click Save.
- If you need to edit the copied permissions, click the edit pencil icon.
- When the desired permissions for this role are all set, click Save.
- Your new view is now available to assign to your users.