Accept Online Invoice Payments
- A payment will be created in VenueOps with the appropriate account and event(s) attached. If your VenueOps account uses payment types, it will have whichever type the System Admin selected for online payments.
- The payment will automatically apply to and update the invoice.
- Online payment URLs do not expire.
- At this time, you are only able to add one payment gateway to your account. You will not be able have a payment gateway for each venue, or direct payments to multiple banking accounts.
In this article:
- Make an Invoice Available for Online Payment
- Send the Online Payment Portal URL
- Get Payment Notifications
Make an Invoice Available for Online Payment
You can turn on online payments when creating a new invoice or from the invoice details slider.
- When creating a new invoice, check Available for Online Payment.
- For an existing invoice, open its details slider and toggle Available for Online Payment on.
Send the Online Payment Portal URL
- Open the invoice's details slider.
- Click the mail envelope icon to open the Send Invoice slider.
- In the slider, make sure Include Online Payment URL is checked.
- When you're done setting up the email, click Send.
- The client will receive an email with a link to the online payment portal.
You can also click Copy URL to Clipboard in the invoice details slider if you want to send the URL via another method.
Get Payment Notifications
You can receive notifications whenever a payment is created in VenueOps. Please note that this notification will also trigger for payments that other users create manually, not just online payments. To turn on these notifications:
- Click your name in the upper-left corner.
- Click My Settings.
- Click the edit pencil icon next to Email Notifications.
- Select Payment Received in the Account Notifications field.
- Click Save.
- You will now receive an email whenever a payment is received.