Change Inventory Category Type
Permissions needed: Inventory & Prices > Edit
You can change the category type of your categories: event services, food and beverage, or labor.
Category types determine:
- the units available to the items within the category.
- whether the item has just quantity or quantity and unit.
- food and beverage filtering on event orders that allows you to only pull in items that are in the F&B category types.
This change may affect your document templates and reporting. Please contact us before changing your category types.
- Click your name in the upper-left corner.
- Click Inventory & Prices.
- Click the category you need to edit, then the edit pencil to open the Edit Category slider.
- Click the Category Type field and choose the new type for this category.
- Review the units of your items in this category, and update as needed. For more information about editing items, please see Editing Inventory Items.