Publishing Your Calendar
You are able to view your VenueOps calendar in an external calendar application such as Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple Calendar via an iCal feed. You are also able to use this feed to share your calendar with people who are not VenueOps users.
The event name, time, and rooms will display on the calendar. You may choose to share additional information as well - this will display in the event's description. Which information is shared is determined by the settings in the calendar view you are sharing. Please see this article for information about creating a custom calendar view. A couple notes:
- If an event has the Hide event details setting on, only the date/time, rooms, status, contract status, and event type will be included in the iCal feed, no matter the calendar settings.
- All day events will have times in the feed - 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM for most accounts, or your account start of day if you have customized it. If you have customized your account start of day, all day events will span the actual days they are on in Outlook but not in Google.
Publishing Your Calendar
- Select the view which you would like to share from the dropdown in the upper-left corner of your calendar. Please note that you cannot share your Default View - you will need to create a custom view (see this article for instructions).
- Click the settings gear icon to open the View Settings slider.
- In the View Settings slider, toggle the publish switch. Only users with the System Admin role will be able to enable iCal publishing.
- Click Copy URL to clipboard. The feed URL will be saved to your clipboard and you may add it to your calendar application (see below for application-specific articles) or share it with other people.
Once a calendar is published, users with either the Edit Private Saved Views or the Edit Shared Saved Views permission will be able to copy the iCal URL.
- Now that iCal is enabled, the view will be flagged. You can click the iCal badge to copy the link as well (users with the Edit Private Saved Views permission will need to do this because they won't be able to open the settings slider for shared views).
Updating a Published View
If you would like to make changes to a published calendar, simply update the filtering or display options for the shared view and save the changes.
Disabling Access to a Published View
If you need to remove access to a published calendar view for any of the users using that view, you will need to disable iCal for the view; this will "kill" the link and stop any updates for external applications using that link. To re-share the same view, simply enable it again - a new link will be generated.
To disable an iCal link:
- Select the view you wish to disable. Click the settings gear icon to open the View Settings slider.
- In the View Settings slider, toggle Publish to off.
- Confirm that you want to disable the iCal feed for this view.