About Account Tags
Account tags allow you to assign properties or attributes to an account. These tags can then be used to alert staff about account concerns when booking, or to strategically segment accounts by financial, booking, and other concerns. Some examples of client tags are:
- Flag an account as a security risk so that you're aware that additional security is needed for their events (for example, live entertainment events that may have rowdy fans)
- Track what county the account is in.
- Flag an account as "bad debt" or "slow to pay" so that finance and sales/booking see a warning before doing business with the account.
- Blacklist an account due to debt or damages from previous event.
- Mark accounts as opt-in or out of email communications, in compliance with GDPR or other anti-spam regulations.
- Identify accounts (with no events) as "hot leads", "cold leads", "wish list" or other statuses, as ways for sales managers to keep track of their accounts for follow up and other various sales campaigns for new business.
Adding Account Tags
Account tags are added on the Accounts page in the Tags tab. Click the plus to add a tag, or click a tag to edit it. Step-by-step instructions are linked below.
Tag an Account
To tag an account, go to its details page and click the pencil by General Information. Once tags are added, they'll display in the header.
Using Account Tags
Account tags will be appear in various places in VenueOps:
- In the Account List, there is a column listing all of an account's tags. You are also able to filter the list by tag. Those changes can be saved to custom views, thus creating quick reports. In the default view, the tag column is the last column on the right (it was moved for this screenshot).
- Tags can also be used in Insights reports and dashboards.
- When booking events, account tags will be listed on the Create Event or Create Series form. Account tags will also be shown in other places where accounts can be selected, such as when creating tasks.
- Tags will also be listed on the details page for the account's events.