Organizing Your Spaces: Venues and Groups
In VenueOps, your spaces belong to a venue. Within the venue, you may also organize them into groups.
During the setup process, we will create the venues that are in your account service agreement. (If you would like to re-order your venues, please contact us.) When you add rooms to your account, you will then assign them to the appropriate venue.
You may list your spaces in a flat list, as in the arena in the screenshot above, but if you have a venue with many ancillary spaces, you may find it helpful to organize your spaces into groups. A group can represent anything that you wish: room type (such as all of your meeting rooms), each level in your venue, inside vs. outside spaces, etc. You may assign rooms to groups as you create the rooms (see this article), or you may assign existing rooms to groups — and even reorganize them if your current structure isn't optimal.
To change a room's group:
- Click your name in the upper-left.
- Click System Admin.
- Click meeting_room Rooms on the left.
- Click the room you want to edit.
- In the slider, click the edit edit icon.
- In the Edit Room slider, you can:
- Click the X icon to remove the room's current group. If you save with no group, the room will be moved to the venue's Ungrouped area.
- Click the group field to open a dropdown of the venue's existing groups, then click the group the room should be in.
- Type a group name into the field. As you type, the dropdown will narrow down the list of existing groups based on what you type. You can then either select the correct existing group or click Create '[Field Contents]' to create a new group.
- When the room is in the correct group, click Save.