Create a Custom Calendar View
In VenueOps, you are able to create custom calendar views. You may wish to only see confirmed events, events with a balance due, only events in certain spaces, certain event information, color code your calendar by space, status, or type — or any combination of those!
- You may create as many views as you wish.
- Views can be shared with other users on a role-by-role basis. If you are sharing views, we recommend locking them so they cannot be changed accidentally.
- If a user does not have access to one of the venues in a calendar view, they will not be able to see the view.
- If you have the Sys Admin role, you may publish a view to an external calendar application such as Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple Calendar (see Publish Your Calendar for more information).
This article walks you through the mechanics of creating the new view. For more information about how you can customize these views, please see these articles:
- Filtering Options: filtering out certain events by staff assignment, account, status, types, rooms, etc.
- Display Options: choosing what information displays for each event and color coding options
Creating a Custom Calendar View
- Make the desired changes to your view. Click the + plus by the view list in the upper-left corner of your calendar.
- In the Create View slider, name your view. You have the option to:
- Create a private view, which only you can see. (If you have Edit Private Shared Views permission, this is the only type of view you can create.)
- Create a shared view. To share a view, uncheck Private and select the roles which should have access. Be sure to select your own role, or you won't be able to see the view! Please note: If you select All, a list of roles is not saved with the view. There are no restrictions, and all users will be able to see it regardless of their role.
- Check Default view to make the shared view a default view for those roles.
- Lock the view. If you are sharing the view, we recommend locking it so others cannot change it accidentally.
- Once you have named your view and selected your options, click Save.
- Your new view will now be the selected view.
- If you make any additional updates to your view, the Save and Clear icons will appear. Click the save save icon to save your changes, or the clear clear icon to remove them.