Syncing your VenueOps Calendar in Google Calendar on Your Android Phone
Google Calendar on your phone does not automatically sync all the calendars on your account; you will have to manually set your calendar to sync in order to see it on your phone.
- These instructions are for stock Android 8.0. The settings on your phone may vary slightly.
- This article is intended for VenueOps users. Through the magic of search engine optimization, we understand that non-VenueOps users are being directed here. Although we are glad that this has helped others, our client success team will not be able to answer questions regarding non-VenueOps calendar problems you might be encountering. For such enquiries, please contact customer support for the product you are experiencing problems with.
- Add the iCal feed to Google Calendar via the web interface on your desktop computer. See this article for more information.
- On your phone go to Settings > Users & Accounts.
- Tap the account where you added the calendar.
- Tap Account sync.
- Make sure Calendar sync is on.
- Tap the menu in the upper right and tap Sync now. This will update your calendar list in Google calendar.
- Go to Google Calendar and open the sidebar menu. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Settings.
- Tap your VenueOps calendar. If you don't see it in the list, you may need to tap Show more to see all your calendars.
- Toggle Sync on.
- You should now see events from your VenueOps calendar. If you don't, you may need to do steps 2-4 again to force a sync.