Merging Duplicate Accounts
If you find that you have created an account more than once, you may merge the duplicates instead of inactivating one. By merging the accounts, any events, contacts, tasks, notes, or financials (payments, credits, invoices, etc.) associated with either account will be kept.
- All child accounts will become the children of the resulting account.
- The resulting account will keep the parent of the "primary" account of the merge (the account whose details page you are starting the merge from). If the primary account does not have a parent, neither will the resulting account, even if the other does have a parent.
To merge accounts:
- Go to the details page of the primary account. (This account's Account ID and Parent Account will be retained by the resulting account.)
- Click the more_vert menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click Merge Account.
- In the Merge Account slider, search for and select the duplicate account. Warning text will display, along with options for the following information:
- Tax ID
- Lead Source
- Market Segment
- Account Manager
- Tax Exempt
- Require Purchase Order Number on Invoices
- Select which information you would like to keep from each account. The information for the primary account will be selected by default. If any fields for that account are empty, the information for the other account will be selected.
- Once you've made your selections, click Save.
- Confirm that you want to merge the accounts.
- The events, contacts, tasks, notes, documents,and financials tabs will include information from both accounts. We'll also ask you if you wish to check for duplicate contacts - clicking Yes will take you to the contacts tab. If you see duplicate contacts, you can merge those, as well. (Step-by-step instructions are here.)