Merging Duplicate Accounts
If you find that you have created an account more than once, you may merge the duplicates. By merging the accounts (rather than deleting one), any events, contacts, tasks, notes, or financials (payments, credits, invoices) associated with either account will be kept.
To merge accounts:
- Select one of the accounts and go to its account details page (this account's Account ID will be the one which is retained).
- Click on the more_vert menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click Merge with another account.
- In the slider, search for the duplicate account.
- Select the duplicate account. Information from each account will be listed - the account you searched for will be on the left, and the account whose page you're on will be on the right.
- Select which information you would like to keep from each account. The information for the account you're on will be selected by default. If any fields for that account are empty, the information in the other account will be selected.
- Once you've made your selections, click Merge.
- You'll receive a confirmation that the merge was successful, and information will update as necessary. The events, contacts, tasks, notes, documents,and financials tabs will include information from both accounts. We'll also ask you if you wish to check for duplicate contacts - clicking yes will take you to the contacts tab. If you see duplicate contacts, you can merge those as well (step-by-step instructions are here).