Merging Duplicate Contacts
If you find that you have created a contact more than once, you may merge the duplicates instead of inactivating them. By merging the contacts, any events or tasks associated with either contact will be kept.
- All contacts that report to either of the contacts will report to the resulting contact.
- The resulting contact will keep the manager of the "primary" contact of the merge (the contact whose details page you are starting the merge from). If the primary contact does not report to anyone, neither will the resulting contact, even if the other does report to someone.
To merge contacts:
- Go to the details page of the primary contact. (This contact's Account and manager will be retained by the resulting contact.)
- Click the more_vert menu icon in the upper right-corner.
- Click Merge Contact.
- In the Merge Contact slider, search for and select the duplicate contact. The contacts' accounts will be listed to help you find the correct one. Warning text will display, along with options for the following information:
- Select which information you would like to keep from each contact. The information for the primary contact will be selected by default. If any fields for that contact are empty, the information for the other contact will be selected.
- Once you've made your selections, click Save.
- Confirm that you want to merge the contacts.