Managing Functions on the Calendar Summary Slider
This article will walk you through managing functions from the event summary slider. This allows you to easily build out the event schedule for your live events without leaving the calendar.
This article will walk you through:
Adding Functions from the Summary Slider
- Find the event you want to manage functions for on the calendar.
- Click the event to open its summary slider. If you're using the grid or day calendars, you may need to click View Summary after clicking the event to open its summary slider.
- Click Functions in the slider.
- Click + Functions. If your event already has functions, click the edit pencil icon.
- In the Functions slider, you can:
- Name the function.
- Select or edit the function type (optional) if your account has them enabled. Please see this article for more information on managing function types.
- Enter how the room should be set up (optional). As you type, previously used room setups will be suggested.
- Select the location of your function or, if this is a schedule item that isn't specific to a room, leave No Room selected. Only rooms booked for this event will be listed; if a combo room is booked, its member rooms will also be listed.
- Set a date.
- Enter the time of the function. If it is all day, check the box for all day, or add the start and end time (end time is optional). If you select a time or date that is outside of the contracted space (listed on the Booking > Spaces tab), you will be warned, but you are still able to save your function.
- Set the function status. When functions are created, they will default to the Ready status. You can change this from the User Settings page. Each user has their own default function status setting. For more information, please see this article.
- Set the Agreed, Expected, and Guaranteed attendance.
- Check Cal if you would like this function to display on the calendar. Please note: the function will only show on calendar views that are set to display functions. For more information on calendar display options, please see this article.
- If the function is a performance, check the Perf box.
With our latest update, you have the ability to select a function type (if enabled on your account by your system admin). Currently, the performance checkbox is not tied directly to function types. Please continue to select the performance checkbox for any functions you would like to flag so you will have access to the features in this article.
- Click the X to remove a function.
- Click + Function again to add as many functions as you need.
If there are existing functions in the slider, a search field will be available in the upper right. You can filter by words in the function names and/or room names by typing in the search field.
- When you have all the desired functions entered, click Save.
All the functions for this event will be listed in the Functions tab of the summary slider. You can click the edit pencil icon to edit the functions, if needed.
Displaying Functions on Your Calendar
You can also adjust your settings so functions marked to appear on the calendar will be listed on their event's calendar blocks.
- Click the storage display settings icon.
- In the slider, click the Info field to expand its options.
- Make sure Function Names is checked. You can also choose to display Function Types.
- Click Save.
Any function that has the Cal box checked...
...will now be listed on its appropriate event block.