★ Book Holds and Events
To add holds or events to your calendar you will use the Add Event form. You can access the Add Event form in several places in the desktop app:
- Events List
- Events tab in Accounts or Contacts Details
Events may be a single day or span several days, but they are almost always concurrent days. An exception would be holds for an event. These days are not concurrent, but most of the days will be released when the event is confirmed. Sports seasons and other related or recurring events should be booked as a Series of events rather than as a single event. Please see Series of Events for information about booking series.
- If you are on the calendar, select the dates for your event and click the blue event add event icon in the lower right corner.
- On the grid and day views, since you're selecting in each room row, you're also selecting the space to book. To book multiple rooms, select each room by clicking in its row - either a single date/hour or dragging horizontally or vertically to select multiple dates/hours.
- On mobile, you'll need to click the blue circle first - this will put you in edit mode. Select your dates and then click the blue circle in the lower right corner.
- If you are not on the calendar, don't worry! You'll be able to select both dates and rooms later on the form.
- Add the event name.
- Select if your event is one of the following types:
- Inquiries track leads without booking space on the calendar. (Selecting this option will disable Prospect and Blackout.)
- Prospects have associated rooms, but the space is not held. (Selecting this option will disable Inquiry and Blackout.)
- Internal Events are used for staff meetings, trainings, and other events which are venue-related. (Selecting this option will disable Blackout.)
- Blackouts block space which cannot be used for events, such as during maintenance, ice installs, etc. (Selecting this option will disable Inqiry, Prospect, and Internal Event.)
- Add the account and contact for your event.
- Start typing to search. If you select an existing account, the search results for the contacts field will only include contacts from that account. If you want to add a contact from a different account, you will need to add the contact first.
- If this is a new account or contact, type in the complete name and then tab or click to the next field. Click Create.
- The fields for account/contact information will appear. For accounts, lead source and market segment are required, but no other account/contact information is required.
- Select an event role for your contact (optional).
- Select the event type from the drop down.
- If your system admin has set up business classifications, you will need to select one from the dropdown. For more information, please see Manage Business Classifications.
- If your system admin has set up genres, you can select one from the dropdown. For more information, please see Manage Genres.
- If you are a booker, set the visibility for this event. For more information, please see Visibility Settings .
- If you want to apply task templates to your event, click Task Templates. For more information, please see Apply a Task Template .
- Click + Dates if you haven't already selected your dates or would like to add additional ones.
Do you usually book the same rooms? You are able to set default rooms which will be automatically selected for you. For more information, see the full article.
- Click + Rooms to apply a selection to all dates, or click select a room for a specific date to apply a selection to only that date.
- You may now adjust your space bookings as needed before creating your event:
- Add additional rooms to the entire event by clicking + Rooms above all your dates or add additional rooms to a day by clicking its edit Rooms button.
- Remove individual rooms from a day by clicking the clearremove icon, or even remove an entire day by clicking the clearremove icon in the day's header.
- Adjust the time for all spaces by clicking access_timeTimes. To adjust the time for an individual space, click its time.
- Each space is assigned the next available tentative status and is color coded to alert you of potential conflicts. You may update the status for all rooms via Statuses or update an individual space by clicking its status. For more details about the conflict checking warnings and updating status, please see Conflict Checking.
- If your system admin has set up room usages, select a usage for each space. You can click Usages for a day to apply a selection to all spaces on that day, or click Usage for a specific space to apply a selection only to it. For more information, please see the full article.
- Once all the event information is correct, click Save.
- Your event is now booked.