Create Inventory Categories
Your inventory items are grouped into Categories. You could have a category for all of your furniture, or you could have separate categories for tables, chairs, etc. Catering departments often have separate categories for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, etc. Items in the same category will share a revenue stream and will be charged the same service charges.
Categories are grouped together into different Departments. For more information about departments, please see Create Departments.
To create categories:
- Click your name in the upper-left corner.
- Click Inventory & Prices.
- Click the + add icon in a department to open the Create Category slider.
If you need to create a new department for your category, please see this article.
- In the slider:
- Add the category's name.
- Select a department. By default, the department you opened the slider from will be selected. Assigning departments will allow you to group and filter items on your event documents, including your proposals and contracts, event orders, and BEOs.
Although technically optional, we consider it a best practice to have every category in a department.
- Select a revenue stream. The revenue streams were created by your System Admin during the account setup process and should match how you report revenue in your venue.
- Select a category type.
- Click Save.
- Once you've added all of your categories, you may set the order they will display in within each department. Click the sort sort icon.
- Drag and drop your categories to the order you want.
- Click Save.