Adding, Editing, and Removing Taxes
If you need to charge taxes on your rental rates or your inventory items, you will add the taxes to the appropriate price schedule. Once they have been added, you can then apply them to service charges, rental rates, and items. We recommend adding taxes first, so that you can apply the appropriate taxes as you create service charges and add pricing to items.
If you charge tax on discounts, these same taxes can be applied on the event details page on a discount-by-discount basis. For more information, please see the full article.
This article will walk you through adding, editing, and removing the taxes in a price schedule. For information on applying the taxes to your inventory categories, please see this article.
- Click your name in the upper-left.
- Click Inventory & Prices.
- Click Price Schedules.
- Click the price schedule you want to work with to open its slider.
- Click Taxes.
Follow the directions for what you would like to do:
- Click the + add icon next to Taxes.
- Name the tax.
- Enter the tax rate.
- Select a GL code, if applicable. For more information about GL codes, please see the full article.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps as needed until all of your taxes have been created.
- Click the tax you want to edit.
- Make any changes that are needed.
- Click Save.
- Click the tax you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
- Confirm that you want to remove the tax.
This is permanent and cannot be undone.