Adding and Editing Pricing for Inventory Items
Once you have added items to your inventory, you may add the items to your price schedule and add standard pricing. The pricing is added to a specific price schedule (for more information about price schedules, see Creating a Price Schedule).
If you haven't created GL codes, taxes, or service charges yet, it may save you some time to have those in place before you get started. For more information:
To add or edit pricing for inventory items:
- Click your name in the upper left.
- Click Inventory & Prices.
- Click Price Schedules.
- Click the price schedule you want to work with to open its slider.
- Click Items.
- Click the category you want to add or edit the pricing for.
- The category slider has four sections: Taxes, Service Charges, GL Codes, and Items. Each section has a edit pencil icon to open its select slider. Note that all items are inactive by default, so they won't be listed in this slider until they are set to active.
- Click the edit pencil icon by Taxes. Select the taxes that apply to all items in the category. If there are any taxes that only apply to some items, you'll be able to specify those in the Items section below. Click Save.
- Click the edit pencil icon by Service Charges. Select the service charges that apply to all items in the category and click Save.
- Click the edit pencil icon by GL Codes. Choose the GL codes that apply to all or most of the items in the category. You will be able to choose a different expense or revenue GL code for individual items in the Items section below, if necessary. Click Save.
- Click the edit pencil icon by Items to open the Select Items slider.
- Check the items you want to be included in the price schedule and uncheck those that should be excluded. You can click the check mark in the header to quickly check/uncheck all the items.
- Add the cost to the venue for each item. If you don't need to keep track of cost for certain items, you can leave the cost for those items at zero.
- Add the price you will be charging your clients for each item. If your account is set to use tax-inclusive pricing, enter the price including VAT/GST. You can also leave the price at zero, if desired.
- Select any additional taxes that apply to individual items.
- If you would like to change a GL code for a particular item, select the new GL code from the drop down.
- When you've made all of your additions and changes, click Save.
- The updated information will display in the slider. Click the X icon to close the slider. You can then continue to add or edit items for other categories in the price schedule.