Staff Assignments for Events and Functions
- Sys Admin to set up Staff Assignments
- Venue Specific Access > Edit Event Staff Assignments to assign Event Staff Assignments
- Venue Specific Access > Detailing > Edit to assign Function Staff Assignments
Every venue has key personnel for each event and often has key personnel for each function within an event. Event and function Staff Assignments allow you to create specific responsibilities and then assign the staff member who will be fulfilling those responsibilities for the event or function.
Typical event staff assignments are:
- Sales Manager
- Catering Manager
- AV Contact
- Manager on Duty
- CVB Rep
Typical function staff assignments are:
- House Manager
- Manager on Duty
- Security Supervisor
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Banquet Captain
Set up Staff Assignments
Event and function staff assignments are created and potential users are added to each staff assignment by the System Admin on your account. Event and function staff assignments are two separate lists. Users can be assigned to event staff assignments, function staff assignments, or both, depending on their role and the event. In order to assign staff to an event, they must have an active VenueOps user account.
As you create staff assignments on your account, you will also select which staff work at which venue. If a venue doesn't have anyone selected for a certain staff assignment, that assignment will not display on events that are booked in that venue. This will help keep the event details page uncluttered.
Please see Create and Order Staff Assignments for instructions on how to get staff assignments set up and ready to use.
Assign Staff Assignments
Staff are assigned to an event on the event's details page. On the overview tab, click the assignment and select the staff member.
Staff are assigned to function staff assignments on the function's details tab, which is accessed on the event details page > Detailing tab.
Using Staff Assignments
Staff assignments can be used in many ways:
- In task templates, assign tasks to an event staff assignment. Once the staff is designated on the event, the task will be automatically assigned to the correct person. For more information:
- Display the staff working the event on the calendar or in the event list. Display event or function staff assignments in the function list. You are able to select specific staff assignments to display. For more information:
- Filter events by event staff assignment on both the calendar and event and function lists. The function list can be filtered by function staff assignment. This allows you to create a custom view of just your events/functions. For more information:
- Select one or more event staff assignment defaults which are applied whenever you book an event. This is especially useful if you have a Sales Manager staff assignment; this allows you to automatically assign yourself when you book the event. For more information:
- Have users assigned to a function pre-selected when you send a change notification email. For more information:
- Display the staff working the event or function along with their phone number and title (added to their user by the System Admin) on event documents.
You are able to get an email notification when you are assigned to an event or function.
You can choose to receive notifications when certain changes are made to events you are assigned to. These are triggered via the event staff assignment, not the function staff assignment.
To select these notifications, click on your name in the upper-left corner and select My Settings. Click My Event Notifications to choose which notifications you'd like to receive. See Email Notifications About Activity in Your Account for more information.