Create a Task Template
A task template is an enhanced checklist in VenueOps that can help you and your team keep track of what needs to be done to prepare for and wrap up events. You can assign tasks to single or multiple staff members, staff assignments, or yourself, as well as create dependent tasks that only appear after a certain task is marked complete. For information about tasks, please see Task Management in VenueOps.
To create a task template:
- Click check_circle_outline Tasks.
- Click Templates.
- Click the + add icon.
- Type a name for the template.
- Enter the information for your template's task(s).
- Type a title for the task.
- Set a relative due date. You can set it to a specified number of days after the task is created, before the start of the event, after the end of the event, or after the date the event was created.
- Set the task's type from the dropdown. If your account does not have task types added, you won't see this field.
- Add a default description. This can include any information needed to complete the task. A new slider will open where you will enter your description and click Save. Please note that the default description will be auto-populated into this task any time this task template is applied. It can be edited once applied to your event.
- Assign the task (optional).
- Click Unassigned.
- Select whether you'd like to assign this task to a staff member (must be an active VenueOps user) or a staff assignment. If the task is assigned to a staff assignment, it will be assigned to the appropriate staff member once the staff assignment is designated on the event.
- In the drop down, select the staff member(s) or staff assignment.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Task to add additional tasks to the template.
- Click the + add icon next to a task to add a dependent task. Dependent tasks are not created until the task they are dependent on is marked complete. Please note: dependent tasks do not have a Created By field. If you apply a task template and have turned on notifications for when tasks that you created are completed, you will not receive a notification for dependent tasks.
- Click the X next to a task to remove it from the template. Be careful: all of its dependent tasks will be removed, as well.
- When you have the template tasks set up as you would like, click Save.
Your new template has been created.