★ Task Management in VenueOps
In VenueOps you are able to track everything that needs to be done or has been done as a part of the event life cycle via Tasks. You can:
- Schedule reminders to follow up with leads.
- Record sales notes.
- Track due dates for contracts, insurance, room layouts, menus, and other event information.
- Remind yourself to follow up with promoters about aging holds.
- Create a complete event checklist, from confirming details with the client to scheduling staff to finalizing the event afterwards.
The sky's the limit!
Check out our video overview of task management in VenueOps as well!
Viewing and Creating Tasks
All tasks may be viewed on the Tasks page. The page defaults to incomplete tasks assigned to you. You are also able to filter your view to see complete tasks, tasks assigned to others, tasks which you created, and more.
You may also view tasks associated with a specific event, account, or contact on that item's details page.
For more information on the tasks page:
To add a single task, click the on any of the task pages. You'll be able to enter a future to-do or log steps that you've already taken.
You may also create Task Templates. Task templates are groups of typical tasks which you can apply to an inquiry or event at any time - when you create it or later when the event is confirmed. Users who book events can choose a default template which will be applied whenever they create an event. Task templates can be created by users with the Director of Sales, Sales Manager, Event Coordinator, or Booker role.
- Creating a Task Template
- Applying a Task Template
- Setting a Default Task Template
- Task Template Gallery
Editing and Completing Tasks
If you need to edit a task - change the due date or assignment, or update the description - simply click on the task to open its details slider, and then click the pencil icon to open the edit task slider.
You may also update multiple tasks on any task page by clicking the edit icon . You'll then be able to complete, incomplete, and reassign multiple tasks easily (More information here).
To complete a task, you may simply check the circle in your task list. If you would like to add notes about the task, click the task to open its details slider and click the complete button. You'll be able to add a result and also edit the completion date.
You may also receive notifications about tasks that you've been assigned or which you have created:
- Task Assigned to Me: You will receive an email whenever someone creates a task and assigns it to you.
- My Task Completed: You will receive an email whenever a task is completed which was either assigned to you, or which you had created and assigned to someone else.
- My Task(s) Due:This email is a daily digest of your tasks due.
For more details and instructions on how to turn on notifications, see this article.