Calendar Display Options
This article walks you through the display options for your calendar - choosing what information you will display for each event and if the event should show each day individually or span across days. You may also:
- Color code your calendar based on status, room, or event type. See this article.
- Filter which events and other information (internal events, blackouts, notes, publicity dates) show. Please see this article on filtering.
You are able to save your changes to use again by creating custom calendar views.
To access the display options, click the storage settings icon in the upper-right corner of your calendar.
At the top of the Display Options slider there are four fields containg options for information which you can display for each event. Click in the field and select the items you would like to see on your calendar.
- Info: A list of event information such as event name, event ID, time, status, rooms, usages, functions, description, etc. The information is listed in the order it appears on the calendar.
- Staff Assignments: You may display who is assigned to the event in various capacities. This list is custom to your account (for more information see this article).
- Contact Roles: You may display external contacts as well. To display a contact on the calendar, they must be assigned a role. These roles are custom to your account (more information here).
- Finance: You are able to display the event's balance, revenue, and economic impact. The revenue will be the estimated revenue until the event is finalized — then it switches to the actual.
There are several options which are specific to the different calendars.
Month Calendar Options
- The Layout option allows you to select between spanning and single day events. Single Day Events will display each day of an event as a single-day block, while Spanning will show multi-day events as one spanning block.
Note that this setting affects how drag-and-drop functions! In spanning mode, the entire event moves. In single day mode, only the day you're dragging is moved. See this article for more information.
Grid Calendar Options
- Like the monthly calendar, the grid Layout option has Spanning Events and Single Day Events options. It also has a Condensed option.
- You may choose how many days you'd like in your view, from 1 up to 42.
- You may choose to have combo rooms display. More information on how this option interacts with the filtering options is available here.
Day Calendar Options
- You may choose the hours to show on your calendar (up to 24).
- As on the grid view, you may choose to have combo rooms display. This setting will need to be explicitly set on the day view (even if it is set on the grid view).
Saving Your Changes
Once you have updated your display options, click Save at the bottom of the display options slider.
Don't forget to save the changes to your view. If the view is locked, click the settings gear to open the details slider, then click the pencil to unlock the view, and save your changes. Don't forget to lock your view again!