Add a Function
Functions are specific parts of your event that happen in a specific place at a specific time, such as breakout sessions, meals, performances, etc. You may also create no-room functions for schedule items that aren't specific to a certain place in the venue, such as when to open the building doors.
There are three ways to add a function:
If you would like to add one function per booked space (if the spaces booked reflect the event schedule):
Please note that it will only fill booked spaces with no functions - if you've already created a function for a booked space, another one will not be created.
Another way to add a lot functions at once is via the mass editor - there's a mass editor on the event details page as well as on the calendar. The mass editor has a spreadsheet-like interface that allows you to quickly tab through each field. If you're adding a schedule via no-room functions, we recommend the mass editor. Step-by-step instructions are Add and Edit Functions with the Mass Editor .
Add an Individual Function
- Click Create Function on the placeholder for the space on the day when you would like to create a function.
- The description of the booked space from the booking tab will auto-populate the name field, but you can rename it if you'd like.
- Check Event-Wide if the details you need to add are for the event as a whole and not specific to a room, information such as wi-fi, parking, or security. Since event-wide functions are not specific to a room, the room and room setup fields will disappear if you select Event-Wide. For more information about event-wide functions, please see Functions: Event-Wide vs. Regular.
- Confirm this is the correct room. All rooms booked on the event will be listed, or you can select "no room". No room functions are often used to help build out a schedule. A common no-room function is Doors Open. If a combo room is booked on the event, its member spaces will also be listed.
- Confirm the date and time of the function. The start and end dates and times default to the time the space is booked for, but you can update it as needed.
- If you know them at this time, add:
- Start typing the room setup. If it has been used on other functions, it will appear and you can select it, or you can finish typing a new setup. Click or tab away from the field to save the setup.
- Function Status: For more information, see Function Status.
- Function Type (if enabled): For more information, see Manage Function Types.
- If you would like this function to display on the calendar, check Show on Calendar.
Multi-day functions cannot be displayed on the calendar.
- If this function is a performance, check Performance.
You have the ability to select a function type (if enabled on your account by your system admin). Currently, the performance checkbox is not tied directly to function types. Please continue to select the performance checkbox for any functions you would like to flag so you will have access to the features outlined in Managing Function Types.
- Add a room diagram by clicking Upload a Room Diagram or drag and drop the file into the box.
Each uploaded file must be 30 MB or less.
- Click Save.
- Your function has been added.