Adding and Editing Functions with the Mass Editor
An easy way to build out the schedule for your event is with the function mass editor. It has a spreadsheet-like interface that allows you to tab quickly from field to field.
Using the Mass Editor
- You can mass add/edit functions on the event details page or on the calendar.
- Any existing functions will be listed. Click add Function to add additional rows.
- Add or edit the name of your function.
- Select or edit the function type (optional) if your account has them enabled. Please see this article for more information on managing function types.
- Select the location of your function or, if this is a schedule item that isn't specific to a room, leave No Room selected. Only rooms booked for this event will be listed; if a combo room is booked, its member rooms will also be listed.
- Enter how the room should be set up (optional). As you type, previously used room setups will be suggested.
- Enter the date of the function. If it is all day, leave the box checked for all day, or add the start and end time (end time is optional). If you select a time or date that is outside of the contracted space (listed on the Booking > Spaces tab), you will be warned, but you are still able to save your function.
- Set the function status. When functions are created, they will default to the Ready status. You can change this from the User Settings page. Each user has their own default function status setting. For more information, please see this article.
- Add or edit the Agreed, Expected, and Guaranteed attendance.
- Check Cal if you would like this function to display on the calendar. Please note: the function will only show on calendar views that are set to display functions. For more information on calendar display options, please see this article.
- If this function is a performance, check Perf.
With our latest update, you have the ability to select a function type (if enabled on your account by your system admin). Currently, the performance checkbox is not tied directly to function types. Please continue to select the performance checkbox for any functions you would like to flag so you will have access to the features in this article.
- Once you've added or updated all of your functions, click Save.
- The functions will be listed, grouped by day and then room. If any functions were scheduled outside the booked spaces, they will be listed at the top. To remove the warning, update the booked spaces on the booking tab.