Add and Edit Functions with the Function Mass Editor
An easy way to build out the schedule for your event is with the function mass editor. It has a spreadsheet-like interface that allows you to tab quickly from field to field.
- You can mass add/edit functions on the event details page or on the calendar.
- Go to the Detailing > Functions tab of your event.
- Choose a function mass editor based on the functions you would like to edit:
- Click the list_alt mass edit icon in the Functions header to edit all functions for the event.
- Click the list_alt mass edit icon in the event-wide header to edit all event-wide functions on the event.
- Click the list_alt mass edit icon next to a date to edit the functions only for that day.
- On the calendar, open the event's summary slider and select the Functions tab. Click the edit pencil to open the mass editor.
- Any existing functions will be listed. Click a row to switch it from view to edit mode. (The edit pencil icon is there to show it can be edited, but you can click anywhere on the row to begin editing.) When editing a function, you can use the Tab key to move through its fields. If you Tab to the next function, it will automatically switch to edit mode.
You can also click the edit all icon to change all visible functions to edit mode.
If more than 50 functions are visible, the edit all icon won't display. To get it to appear, you can use the Search field in the upper-right corner to filter functions by function name and/or room name.Functions that have been switched to edit mode will always display, even if they don't match the search term.
- Edit your functions:
Depending on the view you are using on the detailing tab, you may not see all of these columns or they may be in a different order. The function mass editor display is based on your detailing tab view. For more information about filtering functions and updating the column display, please see Create a Custom Detailing Tab View.
- Click add Function at the bottom to add additional functions.
- To undo any changes and return a row to view mode, click the undo arrow icon by a row to undo it or the red arrow button at the top to undo all rows.
- Click the content_copy copy icon to copy the contents of a row to a new function.
- Enter the date of the function. If it is all day, leave the box checked for All Day, or add the start and end time (end time is required if your function spans multiple days). If you select a time or date that is outside of the contracted space (listed on the Booking > Spaces tab), you will be warned, but you are still able to save your function.
- The library_add_check batch edit icon allows you set a single value to update all the functions at once. Click the library_add_check batch edit icon next to the field header you want to edit.
For more information about batch editing functions, please see Batch Edit Functions.
- Select the location of your function or, if this is a schedule item that isn't specific to a room, leave No Room selected. Only rooms booked for this event will be listed; if a combo room is booked, its member rooms will also be listed.
- Add or edit the name of your function. If you would like the function name to match its type, you can leave this field blank. When you select the function type, it will auto-populate the name field.
- Select or edit the function type (optional) if your account has them enabled. If the function type has default information (Room Setup, Show on Calendar, or Performance), that information will be added. If a function name has not been added yet, the function type will be filled in the name field. If you change function types and the new type has default information added, the Show on Calendar and Performance checkboxes will update.
Please see Manage Function Types for more information.
- Set the function status.
When functions are created, they will default to the status set by your system admin. For more information, please see Function Status.
- Enter how the room should be set up (optional). As you type, previously used room setups will be suggested.
- Add or edit the Agreed, Expected, and Guaranteed attendance.
- Check Event-Wide if the details you need to add are for the event as a whole and not specific to a room, information such as wi-fi, parking, or security. Since event-wide functions are not specific to a room, the room and room setup fields will disappear if you select Event-Wide. Event-wide functions cannot be shown on the calendar.
For more information about event-wide functions, please see Functions: Event-Wide vs. Regular.
- If you would like this function to display on the calendar, check Show on Calendar. Multi-day and event-wide functions cannot be displayed on the calendar.
- If this function is a performance, check Performance. Marking a function as a performance allows you to track ticket counts, revenue, attendance, and post-show notes. If a performance is displayed on the calendar it will be bold.
If you have certain function types which should always be marked as a performance, you can set that as a default for that function type. For more information, see Manage Function Types. For more information about performances, see Performances.
- Click the X to remove a function.
- Once you've finished a group of edits, you can click Save to save your changes and continue editing or click Save and Close to save your changes and close the function mass editor.
- The functions will be listed, grouped by day. If any functions were scheduled outside the time their space was booked for, they will be listed with an orange warning warning icon next to the name. To remove the warning, update either the function time or the time for which the space is booked.