Add and Edit Functions with the Mass Editor
An easy way to build out the schedule for your event is with the function mass editor. It has a spreadsheet-like interface that allows you to tab quickly from field to field.
- You can mass add/edit functions on the event details page or on the calendar.
- On the event's details page, go to the detailing tab and click the list_alt mass edit icon in the functions header to work with all the functions on the event, or click the list_alt mass edit icon by a day to edit that day's functions.
- On the calendar, open the event's summary slider and select the Functions tab. Click the edit pencil to open the mass editor.
- Any existing functions will be listed. Click a row to switch it from view to edit mode. (The edit pencil icon is there to show it can be edited, but you can click anywhere on the row to begin editing.) When editing a function, you can use the Tab key to move through its fields. If you Tab to the next function, it will automatically switch to edit mode.
You can also click the edit all icon to change all visible functions to edit mode.
If more than 25 functions are visible, the edit all icon won't display. To get it to appear, you can use the Search field in the upper-right corner to filter functions by function name and/or room name.Functions that have been switched to edit mode will always display, even if they don't match the search term.
- Edit your functions:
- Click add Function to add additional functions.
- Click the content_copy copy icon to copy the contents of a row to a new function.
- Add or edit the name of your function.
- Select or edit the function type (optional) if your account has them enabled.
Please see Managing Function Types for more information.
- Select the location of your function or, if this is a schedule item that isn't specific to a room, leave No Room selected. Only rooms booked for this event will be listed; if a combo room is booked, its member rooms will also be listed.
- Enter how the room should be set up (optional). As you type, previously used room setups will be suggested.
- Enter the date of the function. If it is all day, leave the box checked for All Day, or add the start and end time (end time is optional). If you select a time or date that is outside of the contracted space (listed on the Booking > Spaces tab), you will be warned, but you are still able to save your function.
- Set the function status.
When functions are created, they will default to the Ready status. You can change this from the User Settings page. Each user has their own default function status setting. For more information, please see Function Status.
- Add or edit the Agreed, Expected, and Guaranteed attendance.
- Check Cal if you would like this function to display on the calendar.
Please note: the function will only show on calendar views that are set to display functions. For more information, please see Calendar Display Options.
- If this function is a performance, check Perf.
Currently, the performance checkbox is not tied directly to function types. Please continue to select the performance checkbox for any functions you would like to flag so you will have access to the performance-related features discussed in Performances.
- Click the X to remove a function.
- Once you've added or updated all of your functions, click Save.
- The functions will be listed, grouped by day and then room. If any functions were scheduled outside the booked spaces, they will be listed at the top. To remove the warning, update the booked spaces on the booking tab.