Manage Publicity Dates
The announce date, on sale date, and pre-sale dates for an event can be added to VenueOps and displayed on the calendar. They can also be pulled into reports as needed.
To add, edit, or remove publicity dates from an event:
- Open the Edit Dates slider. This can be done from the calendar or the event's details page.
If you don't see the Announce/On Sale Dates section in the summary slider or the Live Entertainment tab on the event's details page, the event's type has not been designated as a Live Entertainment type. See Adding, Editing, and Removing Event Types for more information.
- In the slider, update the announce date and/or on sale date as needed. Times are optional and can only be added if dates are specified. If a date or time is no longer needed, was added in error, etc., you can click the clear icon to clear the field.
- Click + Pre-Sale Date to add the fields for a pre-sale date. In addition to a date, pre-sale dates also require a name (e.g., VIP Presale, Spotify Presale, etc.). You are able to add multiple pre-sale dates. If a pre-sale date needs to be removed, you can click the clear icon to remove it.
- You can also add a publicity note (optional).
- When you are done updating the event's publicity dates, click Save.
To display the publicity dates on the calendar, click the filter_list filter icon, select Show Announce Dates / On Sale Dates from the Misc dropdown, and click Save. Be sure to save your view by clicking the save save icon by the view name in the upper-left corner of your calendar!
Announce dates have a megaphone icon, while on sale and pre-sale dates have a ticket icon. Pre-sale dates also display the name of the pre-sale.