Adding Items to Events
You are able to add inventory items to your events. Inventory items can include any item you need to execute the event (tables, chairs, lights, staging, pipe and drape) as well as food and beverage (meals, coffee stations, snack breaks) and labor (box office or front of house staffing, security, housekeeping). Anything you would like to bill the client for will need to be added to the event as an item.
All items will be added to either functions or event-wide details. Functions are built for each event and reflect the schedule of the event; they are specific to a room and date/time. Event-wide details are on every event and are used for items and instructions which pertain to the overall event, such as wi-fi, parking, or security.
To add items to an event:
- Go to the event details page and then to the detailing tab.
- Click the name of the function or Event-Wide Details to open the details slider.
- Click the plus by the Department or Category Type (depending on how you have your slider grouped) which contains the items you'd like to add to the event.
- Click items in the left sidebar to add them to the function/event-wide details - if you need to add the same item more than once, simply click it again in the left sidebar. If you know the item you would like, you can search for it at the top of the sidebar. You can also filter by a specific category.
If you are adding items on your phone or tablet, turn your device landscape in order to access the item list.
- Depending on the type of item, certain fields may not be editable:
- Info items only have times and description.
- Items marked as unbillable will not have a price.
- Add the quantity for each item (labor items will need both quantity and units, such as 3 security personnel for 6 hours). Alternatively, if you would like to have a certain quantity of an item for each person attending, you can check Use GTD and enter the number of items per person in the Quantity field. Once you've entered the guaranteed attendance for the function, the item quantity will update automatically. Note that this option is not available on event-wide details.
Items using GTD will not be included for stock levels. For more information, please see the full article.
- The cost and price will populate from the price schedule. You may update those if you wish.
- If an item is for internal use and will not be billed to the client, check unbillable. This item will not appear on proposals, contracts, addendums, or invoices, but it will appear on event orders.
- You may also add a start and end time for each item.
- If you add an item in error, click the on the right to remove it.
- When you have added all your items, click Add Items.
- The items will be listed on the function details slider.