Adding Items to Functions
You are able to add inventory items to your events. Inventory items can include any item you need to execute the event (tables, chairs, lights, staging, pipe and drape) as well as food and beverage (meals, coffee stations, snack breaks) and labor (box office or front of house staffing, security, housekeeping). Anything you would like to bill the client for will need to be added to the event as an item.
All items will be added to either functions or event-wide details. Functions are built for each event and reflect the schedule of the event; they are specific to a room and a single date. Event-wide details are on every event and are used for items and instructions which pertain to the overall event, such as Wi-Fi, parking, or security. For more information on adding items to event-wide details, please see Adding Event-Wide Items.
To add items to functions on an event:
- Go to the event details page.
- Click Detailing.
- Click the name of a function to open its details slider.
- Click the + plus icon by the department which contains the items you want to add. The Add Items slider will open.
- Add a price schedule, if needed. See Add a Price Schedule to an Event for detailed instructions.
- If more than one price schedule on the event includes this department, click in the Price Schedule field to select the one you wish to use. If there is only one price schedule on the event which includes this department, this field will not appear.
- Click items in the left sidebar to add them to the function. If you need to add the same item more than once, simply click it in the left sidebar again. If you're looking for a particular item, you can search for it at the top of the sidebar. You can also select a specific category to filter by.
If you're adding items on your phone or tablet, they will be listed below the list of items — scroll down to see them.
- Add the quantity for each item. (Labor items will need both quantity and units, such as 3 security personnel for 6 hours each.) Alternatively, if you would like to have a certain quantity of an item for each person attending, you can check Use GTD Attendance and enter the number of items per person in the Qty. Per Attendee field. Once you've entered the guaranteed attendance for the function, the item quantity will update automatically.
Items using GTD will not be included for stock levels. For more information, please see Real-Time Stock Alerts.Info items will not have quantity, cost, or price. They will only have fields for times and notes.
- The cost and price will populate from the price schedule. You may update those if you wish. Any changes made here will only affect the items on this function.
- If an item is for internal use and will not be billed to the client, check Unbillable. This item will not appear on proposals, contracts, addendums, or invoices, but it will appear on event orders.
- You can also optionally add a start and end time for each item. Please note that stock levels are calculated based on the days each item is in use, without consideration of times. For more information, please see Real-Time Stock Alerts.
- If you add an item in error, click its clear icon to remove it.
- When you have added all of your items, click Save.
- The items will be listed on the function details slider.