Adding Instructions to Events
In addition to adding inventory items (food, beverage, chairs, tables, etc) to your event, you are able to add instructions - notes or other information needed to successfully execute the event. There are several places you can put instructions:
- If instructions are specific to an item, they can be added as a note on the item (see this article).
- If instructions are for a certain category, such as instructions for serving meals, they can be added to the category on the appropriate function or the event-wide details.
- If you have event-wide instructions, they can be added as general instructions on the event-wide details.
To add instructions to an event:
- Go to the event details page and then to the detailing tab.
- Click the name of the function or Event-wide details to open the details slider.
- Click the paper icon by the Department or Category Type (depending on how you have your slider grouped) which you'd like to add instructions to. For event-wide instructions, click the paper icon by General Instructions on the event-wide details slider.
- Select a category from the drop down (you won't need to do this if you're adding general instructions).
- Do you want to add instructions for departments that either cross categories or don't correspond to a category? You can create a category to hold those. Email us at email@example.com to strategize.
- Add a start time, or start and end time, if you wish.
- Add a description - the actual instructions. This field is required!
- If you'd like to add additional instructions to the same category, click Add another instruction.
- Click the on the right to remove any extra instructions.
- When you've added all the instructions for this category, click Add.
- The instructions will be listed in the appropriate category, ordered by time.