Add an Artist to an Event
You are able to add an event's artist to the Live Entertainment tab on the details page. This allows you to report on events by artist (regardless of the actual event name).
When you add an artist, the artist database will be searched for suggestions. By choosing an artist from the database, that artist's events are easily found across VenueOps accounts — this is important if your venue is part of a venue management group which does reporting at the corporate level. If the artist is not found, we add them to your account's database, and they'll be suggested in future searches. This ensures that all associated events will be found if you want to report by artist.
- On the event's details page, click Live Entertainment.
- If no live details have been added to the event yet, you will need to click Set Live Details.
- Click the edit pencil icon next to Artist.
- Start typing the name of the artist into the field. Suggestions will display as you type.
- Do one of the following:
Be sure to select the artist from the dropdown whenever possible. This will ensure that the artist name is entered consistently and your reports will contain correct information.
- Click the name of the artist to attach them to the event.
- If your artist is not suggested, click Create '[Artist Name]'. The artist will be added to your account's database and will be available to select in the future.
- Click Save.
The artist has been added to the event.