Creating a Prospect
A prospect is "between" an inquiry and a tentative: spaces are added to a prospect, but the space is not held. Prospects will be useful if you wish to create proposals listing specific spaces, but you will want to be sure to book the spaces (so they have a tentative or definite status) before you send out contracts.
This article will walk you through creating a prospect.
- Click the add event icon. If you are on the calendar, you can select the dates for your event first.
- Type a name for your prospect.
- Check Prospect. (Inquiry and Blackout will be disabled.)
- If applicable, check Internal Event.
- Add the account and contact for your prospect.
- Start typing to search. If you select an existing account, the search results for the contacts field will only include contacts from that account. If you want to add a contact from a different account, you will need to add the contact first.
- If this is a new account or contact, type in the complete name and then tab or click to the next field. Click Create.
- The fields for account/contact information will appear. For accounts, lead source and market segment are required, but no other account/contact information is required.
- Select an event role for your contact (optional).
- Select the event type from the drop down.
- If your system admin has set up business classifications, you will need to select one from the dropdown. For more information, please see the full article.
- If you are a booker, set the visibility for this prospect. For more information, please see the full article.
- If you want to apply task templates to your prospect, click Select Templates. For more information, please see the full article.
- Click +Add Dates if you haven't already selected your dates or would like to add additional ones.
Do you usually select the same rooms? You are able to set default rooms which will be automatically selected for you. For more information, see the full article.
- Click Select Rooms to apply a selection to all dates, or click select a room for a specific date to apply a selection to only that date.
- In the slider, select the desired rooms.
- Click Done.
- You may now adjust your spaces as needed before creating your prospect:
- Add additional rooms to the entire prospect by clicking Select Rooms or add additional rooms to a day by clicking its edit icon.
- Remove individual rooms from a day by clicking the remove icon, or even remove an entire day by clicking the remove icon in the day's header.
- Adjust the time for all spaces by clicking Set Times. To adjust the time for an individual space, click its time.
- Once all the information is correct, click Create.
Your prospect is now created.