Manage Space Usages
Space usage tracks the specific purpose for which a booked space is being used. A single event will typically be divided into load-in days, event days, and load-out days. The usage is a higher-level designation that allows you to divide the event, without getting as granular as the function schedule. Space usages can show on the calendar and can also be shown on reports. For calculating space utilization, it can be used to filter out event days from load-in days. Since usages can be user defined, you can customize the list to meet your account-specific usage designations: Rehearsal, Artist Use, Building Tour, etc.
This article will walk system admins through:
- Understanding Space Usage Types
- Navigating to Space Usages
- Adding Space Usages
- Editing Space Usages
- Removing Space Usages
Understanding Master Space Usage Types
When you create your account's space usages, you'll select one of four master space usage types. They are:
- Event: For when when the event is taking place.
- Move In: For the setup before the event.
- Move Out: For the breakdown after the event.
- Dark: For when the space is ready to use but is not in use. This is most commonly used with theaters — for example, a play's set could be left up through the week, but there aren't performances every day.
Tying your account's usages to a master type allows you to have better space usage reporting — you can report by your specific usages or by the master types (thus grouping together, for example, all of your event usages).
Navigating to Space Usages
- Click your name in the upper-left.
- Click System Admin.
- Click event Events.
- Click Space Usages.
Adding Space Usages
- Click the blue-circled + add icon.
- Type a name for the space usage.
- Select a usage type from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
Editing Space Usages
- Click the space usage you want to change.
- Update the space usage name and/or select a different usage type.
- Click Save.
Removing Space Usages
- Click the space usage you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
- Confirm the alert message to remove the space usage.