Copying Details from One Event to Another
If you have a repeat client whose events are very similar each time, it may be easier to copy the details from the last event and update them rather than starting from scratch. You are able to copy the event-wide details, functions, and their associated items and instructions from one event to another as long as the functions have the same booked spaces.
To copy event-wide details, functions, items, and instructions from one event to another:
- Go to the event details page of the event you are copying to. On the detailing tab, click the file_copy copy icon.
- If the event does not have a price schedule applied, you will be prompted to select one (detailed instructions are available in Add a Price Schedule to an Event). Some notes about price schedule selection and how it can impact items being copied:
- If more then one price schedule is applied to the event and an item is on both, it will be assigned to the first price schedule.
- If an item is not on the price schedule applied to the event, it will not be copied. If this is the case, you'll see the warning below when you save.
- Search for and select the event you wish to copy from.
- All departments with items or instructions added to the event will be selected by default. If you don't wish to copy a department's items/instructions, click the X on the department's chip to remove it.
- If an item has been removed from the inventory, it will not be copied.
- If an item's category or department is inactive, it will not be copied.
- Select Copy Attendance if you'd like to copy the function attendance.
- Select the event-wide details and functions you would like to copy. Some notes:
- If a function cannot be selected, it is because its space is not booked on the event you are copying to.
- In order to copy the items and instructions, you must copy the function those items and instructions are attached to.
- Once you have made all your selections, click Save.
- The selected functions have been copied along with their items and instructions.