Copy Details from One Function to Another
When you are detailing an event, it may be easier to build out one function and then copy the information to another function or to a new function. This can be especially useful in multi-day events where similar functions are happening from day to day.
To copy details to another function, first add all the details to your "master" function (more info about items here and instructions here). Once your function is detailed, click the copy icon on the function's details slider.
You will have the option to:
- Copy to a new function. This will allow you to create a new function and copy the details to it.
- Copy to an existing function.
Copying to a New Function
- In the function details slider, click the copy icon and select Copy to new.
- Select the category of details you would like to copy. If a category is greyed, there are no details of that type on the function.
- Select the date and room of the new function.
- If the room is booked all day, the all day checkbox will be available, or you can specify times. If the room is not booked all day, the times for which it is booked will be listed. You can click the times to auto-fill the start and end time fields, or type in a different start and end time.
Note: if you choose a time outside the booked space time, you'll still be able to create the function but it will display with a warning on the detailing tab.
- Name the function.
- Click Copy Function.
- The function will be copied and a confirmation message will display. The slider will stay open to allow you to copy the function again, or you can click Close if you are finished.
Copying to an Existing Function
- In the function details slider, click the copy icon and select Copy to existing.
- Select the category of details you would like to copy, and whether you would like to copy the attendance. If a category is greyed, there are no details of that type on the function.
- Select the functions you would like to copy the details to. All functions will be listed, and you can search by name to narrow your results.
- Click Create Copies.
- The details will be copied to the functions you selected.