Copy Details from a Function to New or Existing Functions
When you are detailing an event, it may be easier to build out one function and then copy the information to another function or to a new function. This can be especially useful in multi-day events where similar functions are happening from day to day.
This article describes copying details from function to function in the same event.
To copy details to another function, first add all the details to your "master" function. More information about items and instructions is available in Adding Items to Functions and Adding Instructions).
You will have the option to:
- Copy to a new function. This allows you to create a new function and copy the details to it in one step.
- Copy to an existing function. Use this option if you've already built out the event schedule.
Copying to a New Function
- Once your function is detailed, click the file_copy copy icon on the function's details slider.
- Select the departments of details you would like to copy. If a department is grayed in the dropdown list, there are no details of that type on the function.
- If attendance has been added to the original function, you have the option to copy it as well.
- Copy details to New Function is selected by default.
- Name the function.
- Select the room of the new function. If you select multiple rooms, a function will be created in each room.
- Select the dates and times of the new function.
Note: if you choose a time outside the booked space time, you'll still be able to create the function, but it will display with a warning on the detailing tab.
- If the room is booked all day, the all day checkbox will be available, or you can uncheck the box and specify times.
- If the room is not booked all day, the times for which it is booked will be listed. You can click the times to auto-fill the start and end time fields, or type in a different start and end time.
- Click Save.
- The function will be copied, and a confirmation message will display. The slider will stay open to allow you to copy the function again, or you can click Cancel if you are finished.
Copying to an Existing Function
- In the function details slider, click the file_copy copy icon.
- Select the departments of details you would like to copy. If a department is grayed, there are no details of that type on the function.
- Select whether you would like to copy the attendance.
- Select Copy details to Existing Functions.
- Select the functions you would like to copy the details to. All functions will be listed, and you can search by function or room name to narrow your results.
- Click Save.
- The details will be copied to the functions you selected.