Creating an Invoice
Invoices can be created from either the account's financials tab or the event's financials tab. You are able to create a standard invoice which bills for charges on the event, or create an invoice for a deposit/pre-payment. This article outlines how to create a standard invoice; please see Invoicing for Deposits for more information on the deposit invoice workflow.
- On the financials tab, click the + plus by Invoices to open the Create Invoice slider.
- On the Create Invoice slider, add invoice information:
- If you are on the event, choose the account you would like to bill. You'll have the choice of the contracting account and any accounts linked via contacts on the event. If you are on the account, the account will be chosen and cannot be changed.
- Choose a billing contact. Only contacts belonging to the account you chose will be listed.
- Enter a due date for the invoice.
- Add a purchase order number if needed. If the account requires a purchase order, this field will be required (see Flagging an Account as Requiring a Purchase Order Number for more information).
- If your account has more than one invoice template, choose the correct template.
- If you are on the account, click the edit pencil by Events to choose which events you would like to bill for. If you are on the event, the event will already be selected, but you may click the edit pencil icon to select another event to include on this invoice.
- Select the event or events you wish to bill for and click Save.
- Once the event has been selected, click the Select Charges button by each event to select charges to include on the invoice.
- On the Select Charges slider, select the charges you would like to include on this invoice. To make selecting certain charges easier, you may group the charges by date or department. Items will note their function (or event-wide details). Rental rates will note their usage.
- If you invoiced for deposits, each deposit invoice will be listed. Select any deposit invoices you would like to apply to this invoice.
- Once you have selected all charges and deposits to be included on the invoice, click Select.
- If the account has any unallocated credits or payments, you may click the edit pencil by Credits or Payments to allocate them to this invoice.
- In the Allocate Payments or Allocate Credits slider, type the amount you would like to allocate, or...
- Invoice Balance will allocate an amount from the payment or credit that matches the remaining invoice balance.
- Remaining Payment/Credit will apply the unallocated amount of the payment to this invoice.
- If the account has overpaid and you would like to issue a refund, allocate the full payment amount and follow our refund workflow in Refunds.